Join us in making the world a better place…
Whether you’re still chasing your dreams or happily living them, AAUW can help — and we’ve been doing just that for more than 130 years. You will network with other members and develop relationships that stimulate a lifetime of personal and professional growth.
Be part of a group that champions persons of diverse cultures, backgrounds, perspectives and professions. As an AAUW member, you’ll be proud to know you belong to a nationwide group of people who value education and equal rights … who are contributing to a more promising future for all women and girls…and who together provide a powerful voice for women and girls — a voice that cannot and will not be ignored.
AAUW is open to all graduates who hold the baccalaureate or higher degree from an accredited college or university or an associates or equivalent degree from a qualifying institution. This includes 3-year RN, Registered Nurse, programs. AAUW values and seeks a diverse membership. There shall be no barriers to full participation in this organization on the basis of gender, race, creed, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or class.
Benefits of Belonging To the Association
- Membership in a community committed to a shared cause
- Your voice in Washington via an active Public Policy Program
- Members and non-members can become Two-Minute Activists by signing up for AAUW Action Network. This free service sends e-action alerts to your inbox about pressing legislation and executive orders affecting equity for women and girls.
- A powerful community of people who value education and equal rights
- The award winning magazine AAUW Outlook
- National conferences, seminars, and a biennial Association Convention
- AAUW website providing continually updated information letting you cut through virtually reams of information and communicate directly with your AAUW colleagues and AAUW staff.
- Educational Fund’s fellowships and grants, and numerous ground-breaking research publications
- Legal Advocacy Fund’s support of women challenging sex discrimination in higher education and updates on current court cases
- Enhance your resume
- Smaller interest and study groups for fun and education
Benefits of Belonging To AAUW-AZ
- A role in Arizona’s most active and diverse organization for women
- A Public Policy Program focusing on issues pertaining to the welfare of women and girls
- An active Voter Education Campaign and Get Out the Vote Activities
- An annual Convention with expert, stimulating speakers, and a chance to network with other branches
- A chance to strengthen the powerful presence of AAUW through commitment
Benefits of Belonging To a Local Branch
- Opportunities to enrich & support your community with projects & programs on local issues
- A chance to develop and practice leadership skills in a relatively risk free environment enhancing your resume
- Socializing and networking with like-minded individuals
- A break in routine to create balance in your life
- Interest and study groups
- A great way to learn about different perspectives